Here are some photographs from the CPRA evening at Chester Golf Club.
The CPRA Second Garden Trail took place on Saturday 30th June. The weather was wonderful all day and the Trail enjoyed by all members participating.
Four very different gardens were opened and all spectacular in their own special way.
Our thanks go to the owners for sharing them with the members attending.
Jacky and Christine hope to hold another CPRA Garden Trail in 2019 and if you would be willing to open your garden please contact one of them.
Here is a list of upcoming walks:
- CHRISTLETON Saturday 3 November 2018 – led by Mary and Janet
- NANT MILL AND CHRISTMAS LUNCH AT THE PANT-YR-OCHAIN Saturday 1 December 2018 – led by Jim Shapton
- CHESTER CITY AND SURROUNDS Saturday 5 January 2019 – led by Dave and Jenny
- WILLINGTON Thursday 18 October 2018 – led by Jenny Plunkett and Janet Ashbrooke
- LLANGOLLEN Tuesday 20 November 2018 – led by Carol Macrae
We arrived on Angelsey and were welcomed at the gate of Plas Cadnant by the owner Anthony Tavernor who gave us some fascinating background to the gardens and its restoration which had taken him about 20 years.
After refreshments we began our journey around the beautiful interesting and amazingly planted gardens. They blended into the background natural beauty of the Estate Park with waterfalls and fabulous views. A truly magical place.
We then went to Beaumaris for marvellous views of the straits and Snowdonia and a little sightseeing. Unfortunately we missed the sun but had a good journey home along the coast. A lovely day.
As you may know Chester Race Course Company have recently launched a public consultation programme on their Masterplan.
You can see the details on the following website: