Work is due to begin to upgrade the pavement on Grosvenor Bridge (Grosvenor Road) on Monday 15 January from 7pm under an overnight working arrangement (until 6am). The current paving slabs will be replaced with a more accessible, smooth tarmac surface.
These works are due to be carried out in two separate schemes.
Phase 1 is the west side of the bridge (the Chester Racecourse side):
From the pedestrian walkway connection to Curzon Park, over the bridge and up to Nuns Road
This scheme is due to start on Monday 15 January for five or six nights, weather dependent, during night time working hours of 7pm to 6am only.
· No exit to traffic from Chester city centre.
· In bound traffic will NOT be affected.
· Pedestrian routes will be maintained both in/out of Chester.
· During the daytime there will be no disruption with the road open as usual.
· Both the Grosvenor roundabout and the Overleigh roundabout will be unaffected.
· Right turn only out of Castle Drive at the junction with the A483 – no left turn will be available – during the works time only and reopened during the day.
Diversion route to exit Chester will be from Grosvenor roundabout via the Inner Ring Road to Fountains Roundabout and back to the Bars roundabout, follow the A51 Boughton to the A55, take the slip road off at the A483 Post House Roundabout back to Overleigh roundabout.
Phase 2 will be on the east side of the Bridge (Little Roodee side):
Roughly opposite the start location on Phase 1, across the bridge up to Castle Drive.
What and when:
A similar set up and timescale as Phase 1, however, dates are yet to be confirmed and more information will follow next week.