Following the very successful Westminster Park clean-up in January in which some of our members participated, Our Highways and Open Spaces Group is proposing a similar exercise in Curzon Park on Sunday 24th February between 10.a.m and 1 p.m. The main emphasis will be on:
- Bulb Planting
- Trimming of tree spurs (epicormic growth), principally in Curzon Park South
- Litter tidy-up
We have a small supply of pickers and plenty of litter bags, though any participant who can bring along a lopper or other tool likely to be needed is encouraged to do so.
Further information will be circulated by email.
The next coffee morning will be at the Golf Club at 10 a.m. on 4th March. Jean Bamford (a Green Badge Guide) will be the guest speaker
A member has recently reported finding a syringe in Dingle Bank next to the footbridge. Drug users are known to use that and other locations within Curzon Park. Should you come across a syringe or “sharp”, you are advised to leave it in situ and contact the council There is an emergency telephone number for such occurrences, 0300 123 7035, for use at any time, 365 days p.a.
An on-line reporting formcan be found at https://cheshirewestandchester.gov.uk/residents/contact-us/report-it/report-it.aspx. (Click on ‘Litter and Litter Bins’), but this will only be picked up during office hours (Monday-Friday 8.a.m. to 5 p.m).
Here is a list of upcoming walks:
- HOLYWELL Saturday 2 March 2019 – led by John and Christine
- HOLT AND FARNDON BORDER CROSSING Saturday 6 April 2019 – led by John and Christine
- great barrow Saturday 4 May 2019 – led by Janet
- RIVER DEE Thursday 21 Febraury 2019 – led by Alison Oxtoby
- MAIDEN CASTLE Tuesday 19 March 2018 – led by Jenny Plunkett
As you may know Chester Race Course Company have recently launched a public consultation programme on their Masterplan.
You can see the details on the following website: